ABOUT THE COURSE
We are living in an unprecedented era. The dual pandemics of white supremacy and COVID-19 have drawn worldwide attention to the deep economic, social and environmental injustices of our time.
While this moment requires urgent action, these times also call for deep reflection. Though we sense tremendous possibility for a more compassionate and just world in this moment, we know that we need to sustain ourselves and each other for the movement.
At Courage we focus on building communities and cultures of compassionate, truth-telling, healing-centered, visionary and transformative practice. Rather than addressing only systems change or personal change alone, we support our communities in developing multi-level transformative approaches that integrate contemplative practice with sustainable action.
We believe that systems of oppression live in our bodies and our cultural practices, and thus we cannot simply legislate—or meditate—our way forward. Justice is a practice. Anti-racism is a practice. Beloved Community is a practice.
Our annual summer intensive offers participants a deep, intimate dive into our movement-based model for building cultures of practice, which we call CourageRISE.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
This online self-study course is designed for folks who cannot attend the summer intensive live, but wish to receive access to our guided teachings and practices.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Our annual intensive is designed to help participants:
- deepen their capacity for belonging and compassion;
- develop a stronger anti-oppressive lens;
- learn diverse trauma-informed, restorative healing modalities;
- reclaim their creative and visionary capacities; and
- work for and on behalf of all with a deep sense of commitment and purpose.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Five recorded teachings from our faculty following the CourageRISE model
- Ten guided contemplative and somatic practices
- Reflection and discussion prompts
- Suggestions for integrating these practices in your life and work
- Our downloadable Foundations Workbook, which is yours to keep forever!
Our core courses are designed and produced by our multi-generational, multi-racial, multi-faith and multi-disciplinary team of caring and committed facilitators with years of experience in education, health care, social work, contemplative studies, community organizing and activism.
Learn more about our Courage family here: http://courageofcare.org/team-courage/